NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

WOW, I had never focused in on the fact that Jesus, first and foremost, thanked God for the loaves and fishes -- BEFORE they had been multiplied. In other words, while they were still seemingly inadequate to ever meet the needs of the crowd. Perhaps that was just because Jesus knew what God was about to do? Not exactly. I think he knew that God would meet His needs, which is the SAME thing WE can know about our situations ... and so we can offer thanks regardless of our circumstances, knowing and trusting in God's faithfulness and provision (back to Psalm 50:23). What an awesome lesson!

I am so thankful for ...
- The many things God has been teaching me through this study & the forum it has provided.
- Pictures - yes, photographs. They make me happy!
- That I have enough money to pay my bills.
- That I have a steady and reliable job.
- That I only have to work 40 hours each week, when so many other people in the world work much, much more.
- That even when it's a horrible day, at the most it can only last 24 hours and then I have a fresh start with a new day. What an awesome way to create time!
- That many times when I don't know what to do about a situation, it "resolves itself."
- That God doesn't give me more than I can handle (because that's not much! :)

- Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment