NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Friday, July 10, 2009

Thursday, July 9

Good morning, friend! I hope you've had a good time [on your knees] this morning (have you tried that yet?). Got your coffee and your Bible?! This is going to be a great day.

We've been talking this week about praising. I've been so blessed to praise with you. We've talked about how praise is necessary for us to maintain a proper focus and perspective. And to fix our eyes on Jesus. We've also studied the example of Christ - knowing what He knew about the character of the God He served - and choosing to praise - even when the circumstances didn't line up.

Lets look back at the verse we started with yesterday.
"Whoever offers praise glorifies me: and to him that orders his conversation aright will I show the salvation of God." Psalm 50:23 There is a different version posted on yesterday's discussion if you would like to read that as well.

Our praise points others to Christ. Friends, sometimes we are the only glimpse of Jesus that others see on this side of eternity. If we claim to KNOW an awesome God worthy of praise, shouldn't we be praising Him at all times?!

Please read Psalm 78:3 and Psalm 89:1. The Psalmist was clear that our praises should extend to all generations. Our children should know this God that we serve...people who come after us should know... because of our praise! I don't know about you, but when I'm at home with my child, there are a lot of times that I'm not praisin' my God. But shouldn't I be?!

Praise Him with me again. [I know what you're thinking... "but we just DID this!" But my friends, that is the beauty of it... we can never run out of things to praise our God about!] He is SO worthy.
Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment