NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Submission. Its such a dirty word, right? But does it have to be? When I hear the word submission, I tend to cringe. To fight back, or run away. I've blamed it on my personality before. But I'd wager it has more to do with a sin nature than a personality...

When I read Isaiah 55, I see a theme of submission.
In verse 6, we are told to seek the Lord while He may be found. Not later. Now. Submit.
In verse 8, we are told that God's ways are not ours. We may not agree. That's okay. Submit.
In verse 9, God's ways are better than ours. Higher than ours. He sees the whole picture and has it all under control. Submit.
In verse 11, God will accomplish what He wants to accomplish. I don't have to understand it. Submit.

And the promise? In verses 12-13... peace... joy...and that instead of looking like a measly old thorn, we'll come out looking like a fir tree. I don't know about you, but I want that. I just don't often want the work of getting there. The whole submission part.

This is a HUGE struggle for me. I always think my way is the right way and I'm very stubborn about it (I know, this comes as a shocker to you all...). The one thing God keeps telling me over and over again is... don't fight me. You don't have to understand what I'm telling you to do. Your way is not better... submit to me. Will also mentioned it in the podcast (have you listened to that yet?!) sermon on Proverbs 3:5-6... trust God... and THEN your path will be straight. Submit and obey FIRST... and THEN see the blessing. Somehow I always think it should go the other way around... but I need to push hard into the character of the God that I serve, whether or not I understand the circumstances. And so... I need to live it BEFORE I see it.

Maybe this is super long and maybe its not making sense to anyone else, but this hit me like a ton of bricks today and I'm so glad. With my hard head, sometimes I need to be hit with bricks. :) - Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment