NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

- Romans 5:3-4 - "We also have joy with our troubles, because we KNOW that these troubles produce patience. And patience produces character, and character produces hope."
I have been praying that God will change me - change my character. Change who I am, how I think, how I act. What this verse tells me is that God's ways are not always a walk in the park. He uses tough circumstances to change us, strengthen us - no pain, no gain. So what I KNOW is that I shouldn't expect any easy peasy answer to those prayers I've been praying. But when we make it to the other side of those difficult times in our lives, we are blessed with increased patience and character that God has grown in us through those experiences. I also like quick answers, so I'm having to learn patience and that, while the world is focused on instant gratification, God is focused on eternal gratification ...
- Amy

Oh and by the way, Mary, YES - i DO think the correlation between the know, live, share and Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is super awesome. Leave it to God to be awesome like that :)
- Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment