NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My LIFE hasn't exactly turned out how I expected . . .and I'm at a crucial point right now where I'm asking God to show me my purpose and to lead me into the specific areas where He's working and how He would have me serve. It's so easy to get bogged down and discouraged in the Czech Republic (where I live) and to lose focus. I truly want to live a "purpose-driven life" - that phrase just strikes a chord with me. As did the following verses:

Ps. 119:175 - "Let me LIVE that I may praise you . . ."
Mt. 22:32 - "He is not the God of the dead, but of the LIVING."
Rom. 12:1 - " . . .offer your bodies as LIVING sacrifices . . .this is your spiritual act of worship."
Deut. 30:19 - "This day . . .I have set before you LIFE and death, blessings and curses. Now choose LIFE so that you and your children may LIVE and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your LIFE."
Ps. 39:4-5 - " . . .let me know how fleeting is my LIFE . . .Each man's LIFE is but a breath . . ."Ps.104:33 - "I will sing to the Lord all my LIFE; I will sing praise to my God as long as I LIVE."
Jn. 10:10 - "I have come that they may have LIFE, and have it to the full."
Acts 20:24 - "However, I consider my LIFE worth nothing to me, if only I may complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."
I Thes. 4:12 - "so that your daily LIFE may win the respect of outsiders . . ."
II Pet. 1:3 - "His divine power has given us everything we need for LIFE and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness."

God, please give me THAT kind of LIFE!!! - Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment