NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Saturday, July 4, 2009

I love Psalm 5:4, "For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee." Another verse that stood out to me was Psalm 4:3-4, "But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly for himself; the Lord will hear when I call unto Him. Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah."
The right sacrifice is a clean heart... a life that is set apart... a walk with God. And it shouldn't be a chore... we should choose to be set apart because we are called, but also because we want to be different. A sacrifice is something you are willing to give up... out of love... for something greater. We should love God so much that it motivates us to live differently... to want no part of the sin that once held us bondage... because we are CHILDREN of God... CHOSEN... LOVED.... CALLED to a different life... to change our PERSPECTIVE... to be both a FRIEND and a CHILD of God. How humbling and powerful. I am so thankful!
I want to praise the Lord because He is the redeemer. He redeemed me once and for all on the cross, but He continues to redeem me when I fall into sin now. He was willing to make the sacrifice for me, and I want to offer Him my life in return. -Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment