NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I looked at Philippians today for what we should know. I have been reading through it again recently because it is one of my favorite NT books. It is so rich in putting our mind on what is above, not the things around us.
A few verses stuck out to me...
3:8-- Paul states that KNOWING Christ Jesus was of surpassing value. I know...Nothing I can pursue in life or spend time doing is of greater worth than knowing my Savior. So...I need to always make my time with the Lord first. I cannot skip out on my daily communion with Him.
3:10-- Paul reminds us that we know Christ through our faith, not works. He wanted to not only know the Person of Christ, but also the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings. I looked in The Bible Knowledge Commentary and found that the word "know" in verse 10 implies a knowledge by experience. Paul wanted to experience Christ's power as well as to suffer for Christ's sake. I know that I first of all need this kind of desire for the Lord's power in my life, and I need to tap into the power that is there (the Holy Spirit). So...I stopped and prayed that the Lord will help me understand His Word deeper and have the same kind of commitment that Paul did.
3:12-- Paul knew how to live contentedly whether he had little or much. I know there are times when I am not content, but need to be...so I thanked the Lord today for the many blessings he had given me (my husband, time with family, house, my dog =)...)
~MarySusan

No comments:

Post a Comment