NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Monday, July 13

Good morning my friends! It is so good to be together again in God's word every Monday! I hope you each had a wonderful weekend.

On Friday, I kept you reading for quite some time. Not today. You're welcome. If you missed Friday's discussion you should have time to go back and go through it. I hope it'll be an encouragement to you!

Read Psalm 40.
(Want an extra encouragement today? Read Psalm 33 as well.)

Notice especially:

I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to STAND. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. Psalm 40:1-3

Whether you have learned to stand yet or not, I hope that you have seen that He has surely give you "a firm place to STAND." What is your song?

Over and over... and OVER again the Psalmists use the phrase "Sing a new song unto the Lord." Have you ever stopped to think about what an incredible thing it is... that

We can ALWAYS sing a NEW song... to the SAME God.

Stop and think that through!

Moses sang a song to God. (Exodus 15:1-18) David sang songs to God (Psalms), and so did many others throughout Scripture. In Revelation, there will be another "new song" Revelation 5:9-10.

Now of course... you don't necessarily have to sing. Maybe a new song could be called a testimony. And BECAUSE of your testimony, spoke out loud... "May will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." Know what you know. Live what you know. Share what you know. That's how others will see the reality of our AWESOME, WORTHY, HOLY GOD.

David sang a new song. Moses sang a new song. Mary, the mother of Jesus sang a new song. They were all just people. Literally people just like you and like me. The reason we can learn from them is because they pursued God... and they told others about it. And God did the IMPOSSIBLE in their lives.

Below is an incredible video that I hope and pray will be an encouragement to you today. That's my King. Do you KNOW HIM?

For Discussion:
What is your testimony? Let's use an outline of 3 like we did on Friday.
1. Where are you coming from... and what do you KNOW?
2. Where do you Stand right now?
3. What are you doing about what you know? (You do not have to share that if you're not comfortable with it. Just make sure you think it through. Gather a plan of action.) What do you know about God's character that gives you an assurance that He has plans for "a hope and a future" for YOU?

Why should we put so much emphasis on how to praise, and sing a new song? Because that my friends, is how we plant our feet. That is how we stand. And that is how others can Know Christ.

Sing a NEW SONG to our Great God!
"I sing a new song, but you are the same God.
Lord you have loved us all by name.
I sing a new song, but you are the same God
And your kingdom forever will reign."

TODAY'S DISCUSSION BELOW IN PURPLE:

No comments:

Post a Comment