NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Good morning!
I decided to look at passages in Deut., one of my favorite books.

Deut.4:35 - God does things in our lives so we can better KNOW HIM. We know Him, we experience His work in our lives, then we share it with others. In response to that I will humble myself and share with you the things I pray about and how God answers! Yesterday God showed me He cares about the little details. This may seem like a silly example, but I was trying not to eat any sweets yesterday.I knew there were freshly baked brownies at home (yum!) but I also knew that I hadn't eaten enough fruits/vegetables during the day, so I prayed God would provide a way for me to make a healthy choice. I got home and what do you know - there on the counter were delicious, fresh peaches my uncle dropped by on his way back from South Carolina. I ate that big ole peach and "tasted and saw that the Lord is good".:)

Other "know" verses from Deut.: - 7:9 - God is faithful and keeps His covenant to 1000 generations who love and obey Him. They know Him. They live it. They share with the next generation.

8:5 - I KNOW God will discipline me when I go astray. This has always been a comforting thought to me. If I'm going in a direction that will prove harmful in the end, I WANT God to stop me. Frequently I pray God's rod AND staff (one prods the sheep along and the other hooks them around the neck when they go astray) will guide me.

31:13 - Children have to be TAUGHT the law; they must LEARN to fear the Lord. It does not come naturally to them. It is our responsibility to KNOW it, LIVE it, and SHARE it. I think one of the most effective ways to do this is through parenthood; as your children see your faith lived out on a daily basis, it will make an impact.

- Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment