NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Monday, July 13, 2009

1) I am coming from 10 years of ignoring God and pursuing whatever I wanted to pursue. I know that, a year and a half ago, God literally picked me up and put me in a whole new place. He opened my eyes to who He really is and how awesome and personal and life-changing that can be - not just in an emotional moment, but throughout a lifetime. Despite 10 years of growing up in a Christian school, I had never known God in that way.
2) Right now, I STAND on the fact that God is here, He is faithful, and He keeps His promises. I STAND on the fact that our faith is not blind, but built on a foundation that has proven itself to previous generations of Christians and skeptics alike. I STAND on the fact that God's way isn't always easy, but that life isn't all about following our feelings and emotions (i.e., "whatever feels good" or "whatever feels right"), regardless of the constant messages our culture sends us.
3) What I am trying to do about what I know is to live it -- not just on Sundays, Wednesdays, or during a devotional time or when talking to Christian friends. I have a loooooooooong way to go (a lifetime to be exact!), but it's what I know my goal should be.
BTW, I think praise is the coolest thing if you think about it. Maybe I've said this before, but who else but God could create something that accomplishes so many things at once?! So cool and so efficient! Praise 1) is something that God is worthy of, and for that reason alone we should do it 2) It tells others - in an active way - how AWESOME God is and what they're missing out on if they don't know Him and 3) it reminds US about God's greatness and thereby encourages us to keep pursuing Him and 4) It helps us keep a positive attitude in a world of pessimism! And He is continuously doing awesome things, making it easy to sing a NEW song of praise!
- Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment