NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday, June 30

Wow… the responses from you all were such a blessing to me, and I'm sure they encouraged others as well. Let me highlight a few of our discussion points:

Mary - Lately I've realized that I'M the one who NEEDS it. I need to say ... and to hear myself say... and to hear other people say... who God REALLY is. To make Him a part of ALL of our reality... and to place ourselves in submission to Him.

Kari - I think a part of praising God with our whole heart would be praising/thanking Him for what we KNOW to be true in our lives even when things are difficult or not going our way. It’s not picking and choosing when we thank Him.

Amy - It provides us with an amazing amount of PERSPECTIVE - yes, I may have a bad day. Yes, bad things may happen in my life. Yes, I may feel angry, sad, overwhelmed, lonely, etc. etc. BUT praise reminds us that God has done (and continues to do) some truly awesome things and that He must be bigger than all those other things!!

Thank you all for you input! After reading through the discussion – I saw that we came to one major point – that we NEED to praise – that it is essential for us to maintain the proper attitude and focus.

[Stop.] Praise God right now for something you KNOW about Him. Ask Him to teach you today. Ask Him to take you deeper than you've ever been before. Thank Him for what you know He can do.

Now…Focus, attitude, perspective. What is that supposed to be again?! Here are a few verses to ponder:Psalm 16:8-9, 11, Psalm 32:11, Psalm 33:1, John 15:11, James 1:2

Question for today: What should our attitude/focus be? How does praise help to "fix" our hearts in that perspective? Lets get the basic foundation laid today… we'll dig deeper tomorrow. [Get your shovels ready.]

Finally… practice your praisin'! Send an email with something you KNOW about God to the5.2project@gmail.com and lets praise the Lord together! And because Mary would indeed kill me for another girly day…

TODAY'S DISCUSSION BELOW IN GREEN:

No comments:

Post a Comment