NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tonight God brought something back to me about a great "Blessings" in my life. I was reading the poem that Michelle wrote,"She Is Blessed". I got to the part of, "she suffers, she endures, she overcomes, she rejoices.... it brought up a time in my life, which went on for over a year and a half. The situation seemed hopeless in my eyes...there wasn't much glimmer of hope from where I stood on this earth. I think back about all the sleepness nights, reading scripture after scripture silently and outloud, walking and praying to God for some glimmer of hope, being on my knees and face begging God to bring the situation to an end. What I didn't know was God already had it resolved, he already knew the outcome. He was just waiting for me to receive the GIFT and praise the GIVER. He was BLESSING me with one of the greatest BLESSINGS that can be given, the gift of "DISCIPLINE". What a difference that blessing made in my life. When we face calamities with an attitude of joy, a true joy that comes from KNOWING that he is bringing us closer to SHARING in his holiness through discipline, we no longer need to ask, "Why Me Lord". We just lift our hearts and praise the Provider! I have been BLESSED! -Donna

Hebrews 12:11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

3 comments:

  1. WOW Donna thank you so much for sharing this... You have such an awesome way of expressing things... you've been an encouragement to me tonight!!! love, mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for behind so honest! you have walked through a really hard time and showed us all what it means to stand. your example means a lot to me! -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, thanks for sharing! My heart is pounding and tears just can't stop falling. On my knees, I praise God for you...praying for you right now.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete