NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Today I watched my 4 year old (Sam) win the battle between feelings and what he had to do. He got out of my father in law's pool, headed for his watermelon, and on the way got a splinter that was TWO INCHES long.. deep.. and completely embedded through his foot. I'm not kidding. That thing was like a BRANCH. :) Poor buddy cried so hard. Thankfully I had a friend who was there to help work on it while I held him for quite some time but to no avail. He cried but he stayed in my lap, he never once tried to get up or tell her to stop. Finally we headed for the doctor... who gave me a not so comforting... "WOW." She told Sam she had to get it out and it was going to hurt. He just said "ok", hugged his blanket, and laid where she told him to. The doctor proceeded to work on him for another 10 minutes of pure agony. When she was done, Sam sat up with his splotchy-purple, tear-flooded face and said "thank you." I was amazed. He got up, proudly put his new sticker on... and limped for the door so he could go back to play. Sometimes I wish I was more like this little man!
- Mary

1 comment:

  1. WOW - what a trooper - he has most adults beat BIG time! go SAM!

    - amy

    ReplyDelete