NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

These verses are so cool... I love that such a major thing that the Lord requires of us, brings joy on OUR part. What an awesome and loving God we serve! Another verse that came to my mind about perspective is Psalm 121:1 "I lift up my eyes to the hills from whence cometh my help... my help comes from the Lord, maker of Heaven and Earth." We have to lift up our eyes... always above our problems (hills.. mountains... jerks... you know. :) I've found that it's very often impossible to focus on our circumstances when we do this, which is very often why I think we drag our feet. We want to wallow in the here and now. There's a difference between dealing with a change of perspective and a handing off of control to the One who is worthy of praise above every circumstance... and wallowing. They are vastly different.

OR. Um.. it's because we gotta know what we know. Praise entails... LIVING IT. AND sharing it. All... in.. one.

Another cool thing is that praising the Lord and having an attitude of thankfulness is pleasantly "Distracting" to others around us too. What an awesome way to share the Lord then saying why we love Him and why we know He's real?!? Praise brings God to a personal level. It changes our perspective... and through stating it verbally... we take ownership of what we know.

I want to praise the Lord that He loves me. :) I want to praise Him that He is a creator of all things.. of each of us... of our families. I want to praise Him that He hears our prayers, that He sees us, and that He answers our prayers. I want to praise Him that His ways are higher than ours... and that His plans are greater. He is so good!!! Sorry for babbling. Ahem. love, mary

No comments:

Post a Comment