NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Psalm 61 has been one of my favorites for a long time, and I cling to this verse often. When I memorized it, I learned a different version…

"When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I…for you have been a stronghold for me."

My heart was feeling overwhelmed this morning, and these verses were SUCH an encouragement to me today! My God. My Rock. My Deliverer. My Refuge. "The Rock that is higher than I…" Wow!!! He wants me to run to Him!

Something else struck me today when I was reading Lori's comment. To move to higher ground… do we have to rise above… to go against the flow? Hmm. Would that be hard and not make sense… but be worth it when we got to the Rock and saw the view from there?
Hmmm.

Operating on little sleep and no coffee, that’s all I got today. So blessed to study and pray with you all. And to be able to run to the Rock.

And Mary, thank you for the gift of pink. [Made my day.] It’s the little things.


Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment