NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Psalm 39:1-7

"I said to myself, I'm going to quit complaining! I'll keep quiet, especially when the ungodly are around me. But as I stood there silently the turmoil within me grew to the bursting point. The more I mused, the hotter the fires inside. Then at last I spoke, and pled with God: Lord, help me to realize how brief my time on earth will be. Help me to know that I am here for but a moment more. My life is no longer than my hand! My whole lifetime is but a moment to you. Proud man! Frail as breath! A shadow! And all his busy rushing ends in nothing. He heaps up riches for someone else to spend. And so, Lord, my only hope is in you." NLT

I can't say this is my favorite Psalm. There are just too many for me to choose a favorite. I would have to say the whole book is pretty much my favorite. :) I do love the above, though. I know it's kind've talking about how time flies and how I need my time focused. I get that and I do daily struggle with being ridiculous busy doing a whole of nothing for eternity. But for some reason, my mind tends to stop on the first part and leads me to something I struggle with at times.

I'm all about justice. I want things to be fair, though they rarely seem to be. I want the mean, and hateful, and greedy, and spiteful to pay for their "crimes." I want the hurt, the weak, the sad, and the tries-really-hard to thrive. What I often forget is that little me only sees the outside, above-the-surface stuff. The mean and hateful are often also hurt and sad; the greedy and spiteful are usually desperate for something just out of their reach. And most upsetting to admit to myself? I am usually every day a shocking compilation of all of the above. How can I be hateful and greedy AND trying really hard? And how can I possibly judge anyone else for their choices when nearly every day I have done something or at least THOUGHT something that I'd rather no one else know. This is why I am so grateful that God is God, and he is in charge.

PERSPECTIVE is one of my favorite words and something that I pray for regularly. With perspective I have no choice but to remain focused on HIM. I am calmer, kinder, and even more hopeful. I am so thankful that my God wants to show us all mercy and grace. - - Justice… ick! Not so much fun when it's pointed in MY direction! - Renee

1 comment:

  1. thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing. and reminding me that a little dose of perspective is healthy for me. :) love you!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete