NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Psalm 25

OK, so I'm just a *little* last minute, but nonetheless wanted to share a Psalm that I really like -

- In Psalm 25, David asks God: "Lord, tell me your ways. Show me how to live. Guide me in your truth." It says: "Are there those who respect the Lord? He will point them to the best way. They will enjoy a good life . . . My eyes are always looking to the Lord for help . . . Look at how many enemies I have! See how much they hate me! Protect me and save me . . . My hope is in you . . ." There's SO much in this chapter! To me, it is a guidebook, so to speak, for where and how to ask for God's guidance. And if we truly seek it, He will surely provide us with it. And Psalm 19:7-9 assures us that God's guidance is beyond comparison -- "The teachings of the Lord are perfect; they give new strength. The rules of the Lord can be trusted; they make plain people wise. The orders of the Lord are right; they make people happy. The commands of the Lord are pure; they light up the way." It's all right there. The only thing left for us to provide is some effort (which we - myself included - often balk at), & we're already assured success before we even begin. - Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment