NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oooh, purple. I'm liking the color of the day. :) Just sayin.

Yesterday I said that I was going to focus on God as my Provider. To know this means to fix my gaze on it rather than my circumstances. So when I am tempted to feel like I need something... and I'm not getting it, I choose to know that God is my Provider, so He will provide what I need. It sounds simple but its really, really hard sometimes! He provides for my needs... physical...emotional... spiritual. When I choose to know that God is my Provider, I have no excuse for discontentment. I KNOW that He has given me all that I need. He provides. :) So just remind me of that the next time I really want those shoes at the mall, okay?! :)

I love the story in John 9. My favorite verse is verse 25. "He answered and said, whether He is a sinner or not, I do not know, but this one thing I know: I once was blind and now I see." The boy that had been healed from blindness knew how to KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW. When doubts arose, when questions were hurled at him, he could have become uncertain and begun to question what he knew in light of his circumstances. But instead he simply chose to concentrate on what he DID know. I need to do that too. When I feel like I need something and I don't have it (usually something more important than shoes!), I need to throw the questions out the window and say... I don't know why God hasn't given me that right now, but I DO KNOW that He is my Provider and therefore I trust in His timing and His ways. So simple, but I make it so complicated!

-Lauren

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you like the purple!! :) haha.. You're SO much fun to study with!! I'm thankful for the way you break down what you're learning... I'm learning from you and your example!!!! love mary

    ReplyDelete