NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ok, so I’m kinda overwhelmed because there’s SO much and I’m reeeeally simple-minded, but here are a few things that stuck out to me --What does it look like to stand? It looks like someone who has spent some time preparing (Eph. 5:10-18), is focused on Jesus (Heb. 12:2-3, John 8:12), has the Shepherd by his/her side (Psalm 23:4), hears the Lord’s direction (Is. 30:21), & is living how God tells us to live as opposed to what society dictates (Micah 6:8, I John 1:7).Hmmm … about the only one of those that I have mastered (and it isn’t ME at all) is the “has the Shepherd by his/her side,” and that’s because God does that one. But I am SO encouraged today by 2 Corinthians 12:9-10). It’s not about me getting stronger, getting better (which is what I tend to obsess over) -- the only way that will happen is to stop looking down at my own feet on the surfboard and start looking up at my steadfast God. I won’t ever change anything about me on my own -- but that is a BLESSING because that would only produce pride and self-reliance (which are SO counterproductive to anything Godly)! This is a tough but important concept - one that everyone else may have learned a long time ago but it’s new for me. I don’t even know if my words have really expressed what I’m trying to say, but wow - what a moment of realization for me … I’m kind of in amazement here … wow, thank you GOD. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment