NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My first thought was that the wicked seem to prosper because we think of prospering in selfish terms. “The wicked” are about the world, their world without Christ. What can I get from it, what can I do to make it better, how can I have fun, what do I want to do with my life?? It is all about them, and I am the same way a lot of the time. I judge how well someone is living their life or how blessed they are by how much they have accomplished or what I think is right or wrong. If you are getting what YOU want than of course it looks like your life is better off than others.

The godly seem to suffer because hopefully they resist taking the easy road or what in short time is the fun thing, and instead choose what they KNOW will glorify the Lord the most. I don’t think that God picks on us Christians but I do think that He wants to be glorified and He does put hard situations in front of us so we can glorify Him and others can see His amazing attributes. For example, I know that I am at my church because hopefully my husband and I can be a positive example and show Christ. To be honest, it wouldn’t be my first choice, my style, with my friends; BUT it is exactly where God wants me and so as a result I am able to feel blessed and grow because I am trying to keep my focus on Him instead of my ‘preferences’.

The character of God: He does judge righteously. I love that He is a stronghold and will give me the strength I need in hard times. I love 25:15… ‘only He will release my feet from the snare.” That gives me such comfort knowing that HE will take me out of harm’s way, He is ultimately my Hero. He is my own hero that watches me and protects me. NOTHING gets past my God. That is who my God is. - Kari

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good example of standing in a hard situation - where you don't want to be - but obeying God. I know you'll be BLESSED by it! Love you! - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Lauren is right!!! :) I know that your hero must be so crazy about you too :)

    2. Such a good point... that the way that "looks" prosperous so many times is the easy road... and a shortcut to no growth, no change, no hope, and no glorfiying God (which means that they don't get to see more and more of who He is) Brings our definitions of blessed and prosper back into perspective for sure!!!
    love mary

    ReplyDelete