NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Last night when I went to bed I was distraught about a particular situation in my life and when I woke up, the first thing I wanted to do was to log on to STAND and be encouraged, put my perspective aright. When I discovered the computer wasn't working I opted to read Psalm 30 and Psalm 130, since today is the 30th, and the following verses were a particular comfort to me: Ps. 130:5 - I should put my hope in the LORD, not in my circumstances or even in the possibility of the situation getting better. Ps. 30:5,11 - God turns weeping into dancing and although weeping lasts a little while, JOY comes in the morning . . .I did see a tiny bit of progress this morning in the circumstances I've been praying about but I'm trying not to put my hope in THAT, but in God, who is bigger than my circumstances. I'm reminded of Paul and Silas in prison . . .while in chains, they just started praising God, and everyone around them was affected. May I have THAT kind of attitude!!! - Lori

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you tonite Lori!! Thank you for the way you point others in the right direction while you climb there yourself!!! mary

    ReplyDelete