NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Is anyone else struggling to cram everything they are learning and wanting to share into a short paragraph. Or maybe I'm just a chatterbox. Ha.

One thing (but not the only thing, goodness!) that really struck me was when I read Psalms 20:6-8, I noticed that first the Psalmist is stating what he knows. That God answers prayer, that He saves, that He is powerful. And then I noticed that he says he trusts in the NAME OF THE LORD. And so I started thinking through the names of God. He is the Alpha and Omega, the I AM, Yaweh, Jehovah Jireh, Prince of Peace... I could go on and on. When we really reflect on the names of God - and His attributes - and just KNOW HIM, then our perspective is where it needs to be.

Have you ever tried to stand on a surfboard? I did. Like once. Ahem. But I noticed something. When you are trying to stand, if you look down, you fall. Immediately. But if you look ahead, and fix your gaze on something (or Someone!) unmoveable, then standing is a whole lot easier. All too often, I'm looking down... at what is around me... the scary water... the waves... my circumstances. I realized when reading this Psalm that the author was focused on Someone unmoveable...and trusting in His name... and that is what enabled him to stand.

-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment