NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Thursday, June 18, 2009

I think that the Psalmist is someone I can really relate to in this passage. It sounds like someone close to him has betrayed him very badly. I'm sorry to say that in my own experience the person who comes to mind that left me with that kind of agony was not a "bad person" but one who nonetheless... hurt me worse than I can describe. I can completely relate to the Psalmist's agony in "trying to understand" and yet in the pursuit of trying to understand something that isn't right to begin with... hurting myself far worse. Finally realizing who I DO KNOW... what security I DO HAVE in Christ... brought the greatest peace and joy I've EVER experienced... even without change from the other person. It wasn't about them anymore, it was about what was true, what I KNOW and who my GOD is.

No comments:

Post a Comment