NEW SESSION BEGINNING...

A new session of STAND will begin on Monday, September 14. For more information, please visit www.the52project.com and click on the links for "Stand." Our last session together was WONDERFUL... you won't want to miss this study!

Ready to jump in? Why not take a picture of your rainy day shoes (or you know... boots, flip-flops, bare feet... whatever!) E-mail your photo to the52project@gmail.com And we'll post them with your first name along the side-bar.

Can't wait to study with you!!!
Love, Mary

Thursday, June 25, 2009

I read the first part about God being our "rock" as soon as Mary posted this morning, then I left the rest of the discussion and questions for later and just meditated on that part. The first thing that came to mind were the verses in Matthew which talk about the wise man who built his house upon the "rock" . . .And I was thinking if we have God as our base, as the foundation for our lives, then we have security, surety, a steady frame of reference. I was delighted when I read the rest later to discover that Mary included these verses as well! The second thing that struck me this morning is very practical, actually. We're having flooding in our area (a dam even broke loose) and so even before I got Mary's post this morning I was thinking, if water came rushing towards me, how would I respond? Where would I go for safety? And I thought, "A high place. Someplace ABOVE the water". And if you think about it, that's what rocks are, really. They aren't just SOLID and STRONG, but they also allow us to climb up on them and get a better view of our surroundings and are a place of safety. So, that God is my ROCK means not only do I have a firm foundation, but also I have a better view of my circumstances and can "dwell in safety".SAFETY.SECURITY.
STRENGTH. STEADINESS. That's what I get from MY God.:)
-Lori

1 comment:

  1. thank YOU for giving me some things to think about, and to be thankful for. you're a blessing! :) - Lauren

    ReplyDelete